Orthogonal Reduction On Vector Computers
- This paper concerns the implementation of the QR factorization by
Givens and Householder transformations on vector computers . Various ijk
forms for both Givens and Householder transformations are investigated.
Conclusions concerning which of these forms have desirable or undesirable properties for vector computers
are presented. We report on experiments run on a CRAY and
conclude from these experiments together with our analysis which of the
ijk forms are most promising for this architecture.
This work was supported in part by National Science Foundation grant DMS-8521154 (Meyer) and
by NASA Grant NAG1-46 (Ortega).
- SIAM J. Sci. Statist. Comput.
- Vol. 10, 1989, pp. 372-381
- R. B. Mattingly
- Department of Mathematics
- SUNY College at Cortland
- Cortland, NY 13045
- James M. Ortega
- Retired: Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Currently: 3037 S Highway A1A, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951-3409, (321) 726-8566
- THE POSTSCRIPT FILE
- The postscript file (uncompressed) for the entire paper is 976 KB.
- To receive it, click on
Return To Home Page
Return To Abstracts